'95 Civic auto trans.--hard to shift

I have a '95 Civic, about 85,000 miles on it (I don't drive it that much).
The automatic transmission shift lever used to be very easy and smooth to shift. But not anymore. Now just shifting out of park into reverse,
or shifting from reverse into drive, that shift lever is getting harder and harder to move. Once it does shift into position, the transmission works perfectly. It's just moving the damn shift lever that's getting more difficult.
Any ideas what could be at fault here?
--
Steven L.
Email: snipped-for-privacy@earthlinkNOSPAM.net
Steven L. wrote:

Google (groups) it. We've answered it many times. Get your diagrams from www.slhondaparts and look at how to remove the cover at the bottom end of the cable.. Clean and lube the rusty parts that often bind.
'Curly'
motsco_ wrote:

Thanks. I'm rather new here, so I didn't know it had been discussed before, sorry.