95 Civic LX Intake Air Temperature Sensor

Hi...
Can any one please tell me whether a bad Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IAT) or a bad TW (Coolant Temperature sensor, or Water Temperature Sensor) will cause the engine not to fire up?
I've read that these two sensors can affect injector pulse width? It seems that I'm getting too much fuel into the combustion chambers, thus after a few cranks of the engine, the combustion chambers are flooded (spark plugs soaking wet with fuel) and the engine won't start. The spark plugs do produce strong sparks. So I'm quite sure it's not an ignition problem. Iit seems like more fuel than necessary is injected - that's why I'm wondering whether a bad IAT or TW can cause this problem.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wrote in

They will have no effect on engine startup.

Is the spark properly timed?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Has anyone bought an Oxygen sensor from this company? They have the best price I've found for a direct replacement on my 94 VX.
I see the NTK oxygen sensor for a 94 Civic VX for $80 at this site. But I don't think that's a genuine Honda sensor, and so it's a real roll of the dice.
Try https://www.automedicsupply.com for OEM sensors at good prices. I have used it for an OEM O2 sensor for my 91 Civic a couple of years ago. Good service. No problems with the sensor.
That VX a California compliant one?

Elle wrote:

No, a Kalifornistan sensor is much cheaper!! My red jewel is a Canadian built 48 stater.
This is the one I'm looking at. It has the correct Honda part number. Most sites want $300 + for it. www.oxygensensor.net/parts/o2parts/L1H1.html

try autohausaz.com I bought a Walker O2S for 78.00 USD with free shipping. Ordered Friday,received Monday,UPS Ground.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The original was a Denso O2S,the Walker sensor had better insulation on the wires,and the proper OEM connector.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Jim,
How long has this Walker been in use? Any problems?

Only 5 days.

Not yet.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm, 17 mm.
If you must eliminate two, eliminate the first and last.

Add a medium-sized crescent wrench and small hammer.
Mike Doyle wrote:

My AAA Card ;-)
Mike Doyle wrote:

-------------------------------------
plus: Cotton 'gardening' gloves Forehead flashlight Needle nose pliers Black garbage bag 3' of haywire electrical tape 12 volt 'probe'
'Curly'
add:
wire cutters and wire strippers.

I bought a $10 metric socket/wrench and magnetic-bit screwdriver set from Big Lots,it works great,except I had to junk and replace the ratchet.It even has a needle-nose pliers.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yeah, have someone crank while you test. Same as if it was running, but cranking instead. Timing ought to be close to the specified 16deg BTDC.
Another method: Turn engine by hand to TDC compression (#1 valves closed), then remove distributor cap and see if rotor arm is pointing at the #1 terminal on the cap. That will give you an idea whether the timing's horribly off or not.
Are you sure your timing belt hasn't slipped?