95 Civic Radiator Fan Switch Location?

I've een helping my kid work on his 95 Civic. He describes its engine as a "D16 block, 1.6 Liter head".

Today we were trying to find the thermostatic switch which closes and grounds the cold end of the radiator fan motor's power relay when that fan needs to run.

The Chilton's manual we have just says that switch is located "at the center left of the engine". It should have two leads going to it, one of them a connection to ground .

For the life of me I can't seem to find that switch, but it's not the first time we've found that Chilton's manual wasn't correct about details like that.

Info on just where to find that switch would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

two things:

  1. take the chiltons manual into the crapper with you and use it for toilet paper. then buy the honda manual from helm.com

  1. the switch is up near the oil filter. go in from underneath.

Reply to
jim beam

Many thanks, and I'll certainly take your advice on getting a better manual. The Chilton's we've got came with the car when the kid bought it, and I got hauled into his project suddenly two daze ago.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Try the 95 Civic factory service manual at

Much of Chilton's duplicates verbatim the FS manual. I'd keep it.

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

Reply to
Elle

has diagrams and part numbers also.