95 DX coupe, Belts came off

The belts for my A/C and power steering pump came off while driving. My crank pully is doing a dance. Need Help! Any ideas?

Reply to
leter

Have you checked to see whether the crankshaft pulley bolt is still present?

See diagrams at

.

Civic? Any recent maintenance done?

"leter" wrote

Reply to
Elle

sounds expensive. if the pulley has broken loose, the crank may be damaged. if that's the case, the engine is uneconomic to repair - replacements are much cheaper than rebuilds and a lot of rebuild quality is dubious.

have to take the pulley off and inspect.

Reply to
jim beam

Elle, Did as you advised and checked the blowups and was proceeded to check the bolt. Unfortunatly the bolt had broken, and part of it is still in the crank. The pully has spun and the splines are almost gone....so the pully is history. I don?t relish messing around with "EZ outs" (I?ve never found them EZ) And I think with the broken bolt, as "Jim Beam" points out it may cheaper to replace the engine than go the rebuild route. Thanks to all for the advise

"Elle" wrote: > Have you checked to see whether the crankshaft pulley bolt > is still present? > > See diagrams at

. > > Civic? Any recent maintenance done? > > "leter" wrote > > The belts for my A/C and power steering pump came off > > while driving. > > My crank pully is doing a dance. Need Help! Any ideas?

Reply to
leter

Leter, wow. Thanks for the update. Sorry for the catastrophe. I sure wonder what caused this. Seems to me this might be the second report of a pulley bolt (assuming it was that) coming free I've read in the last year or so, though, from around five years of reading here, including the archives.

"leter" wrote

Reply to
Elle