95 Honda Accord won't start

My 95' Accord won't start. The engine light and maintenance light came on and the car died. When I turn the key in the ignition it sounds like it rolls
over but just won't start. I jumped the battery and it changed nothing. The power works, lights go on, radio plays, etc.. I had new belts put in recently, oil changed. I have no clue what to do. HELP

It cranks,but does not run? Does the cranking sound like it always did,or different,maybe faster,like a "whirr"?

new TIMING belt? It's a fairly expensive job. Or just accessory belts?

see www.tegger.com;it's a GREAT resource for Honda problems/service.
Main relay could be the problem. Or it could be an ignition problem.(igniter,coil....)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

When you crank, does the tachometer needle jiggle a tiny bit? Or is it dead-still? If it's dead-still, your igniter is dead.
Did all the other dash lights come on just before the car died, or only the Check Engine and Maintenance ones?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I got the car to run by using battery terminal cleaner to clean the battery up some but the engine light and maintenance light are still on so I am gonna try to get it into a shop when affordable.
I bought an 88 Prelude that would not start. I replaced the coil and it fixed the problem.
Angelimarie wrote:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 19:46:39 -0500, Art_Vandolay wrote:

Dang...I see everyone's running to the Honda group...must be talking CARS for a change!