95 Integra hatchback: rear wiper FUBARred?

95 Integra hatchback. At rest, the rear wiper lies in a plane parallel with the passenger side of the car. When active it pivots at the bottom and sweeps through 90 degrees until parallel with the rear
bumper.
Last winter I was clearing snow off the car with a broom, and accidentally dragged the wear wiper arm through it's sweep. Now when I try the wiper it sweeps a few inches but does not return.
Does anyone know the fix for this?
Thanks! Dave O
On 06/02/2011 08:19 AM, DaveO wrote:

quickest easiest is replace the motor mechanism. cheap from a junkyard. make sure you don't screw up the spindle on the donor when removing the wiper arm - use a proper puller that levers against the pivot from the arm itself.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Thanks, Jim Beam, I'll check it out. I appreciate the advice about the puller. Parts places around here will lend tools for free- what is the full name of the puller you mentioned?
Dave O

You don't normally need a puller. The arm just slips right off once the arm is raised up all the way up from the glass.
If I were you, I'd first inspect the splines on the motor shaft. Pull the cover off the arm's base, exposing the nut, then remove the nut (12mm or 14mm). Then lift the arm up so it's perpendicular to the glass. The arm should now wiggle off easily. Now inspect the splines. Are the splines stripped on either piece?
--
Tegger

I'll take a close look, and post back. Thanks for the info!
On 06/02/2011 09:50 AM, DaveO wrote:

<http://www.buy.com/prod/windshield-wiper-arm-puller-otc-4676/q/sellerid/31289940/loc/68687/219459271.html
can prob find it cheaper if you shop about.
the spindle bearings on the rear wiper are pretty weak, so if it doesn't pop right off, and in my experience, that's uncommon, you need this tool to avoid damage.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum