95 Integra right half shaft replacement

I'd like to replace the right shaft on our 95 Integra Automatic - it started ticking when you turn a corner so clearly the CV joints are bad. I'll do the left one as well, but may wait a couple of weeks do do that.

The repair manual states to drain the transmission fluid - why is this necessary? Doesn't the half shaft connect to the intermediate shaft? Don't quite understand why that step would be needed.

Any other tips, gotchas?

Thanks! Remco

Reply to
Remco

in my experience, you don't need to drain. if the car's jacked up on one side, the tilt is sufficient that oil doesn't run out. but keep a pan there just in case!

Reply to
jim beam