96 accord 4 cylinder engine vibration

I have an engine vibration coming up through the gas pedal when I apply the gas.Its there through all speeds except when the engine is idleing.The mechanics at the dealership canít find the problem.Timing
has been checked. Could there possibly be a motor mount failure?
‚úĖ

Motor mount failure would be my guess. My '93 was about the same age as your '96 when it began to have motor mount problems. One mount (the rear?) is hard to see and is bad about crushing. But, this should have been the first thing the dealer checked. They probably did. If they did not, I would take it somewhere else.
Elliot Richmond Freelance Science Writer and Editor
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"" wrote: > On 18 Aug 2005 14:36:14 -0400, slimfil
> wrote: > > >I have an engine vibration coming up through the gas pedal > when I > >apply the gas.Its there through all speeds except when the > engine is > >idleing.The mechanics at the dealership canít find the > problem.Timing > >has been checked. > >Could there possibly be a motor mount failure? > > Motor mount failure would be my guess. My '93 was about the > same age > as your '96 when it began to have motor mount problems. One > mount (the > rear?) is hard to see and is bad about crushing. But, this > should have > been the first thing the dealer checked. They probably did. If > they > did not, I would take it somewhere else. > > > > Elliot Richmond > Freelance Science Writer and Editor
Thanks for your info Elliot. Does the rear mount usually fail first? Iím not sure if It is liquid filled but the dealer should know.
Thanks again, Arnold
‚úĖ

tranny models. My daughter's engine is vibrating a lot, and I suspect the rear mounts. (I'll take a look later this week when the Helm manual arrives.) The price on-line is pocket change more than $200 US apiece, but if that's what it needs....
Mike
Add pictures here
‚úĖ