96 Accord EX Mileage

I recently purchased 96 Accord EX Sedan with 4 Speed Automatic transmission with 136,500 miles on it. I use this car for daily commuting and the estimated city mileage is about 19.5 MPG.
I was expecting higher gas mileage than this.
Is it normal, or is there anything wrong with my Accord?
Thanks in advance!
Is that a V-6 or four-cylinder EX?
www.fueleconomy.gov will give you some idea of how your car's mileage is doing relative to a benchmark 96 Accord EX. If your car is a V-6, 19.5 mpg looks pretty good. If not, try the tips at http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id11.html to improve your mileage.
With a car one has bought used only recently, I think it very prudent to put in a couple hundred dollars more for basic tune-up items (as listed at the link right above), to ensure it runs a long time, and to sort of establish a starting point for your maintenance routine.
By any chance did you learn when the timing belt had last been changed? That shouldn't affect MPG, but it's important to know to ensure the timing belt doesn't break on you.

Our '96 LX 4-cyl 5-spd averages close to 32, and my new '06 EX-V6 is getting 30+ !!!
G-Man

whats the milage in town?

96 EX Vtec 5 speed 24 city with AC on, just at 30 highway with AC on.
i get around 28 mpg mainly hwy 99 accord 4cyl 150K miles.... I commute about 120 miles a day and it seems to get about the same milage on the hwy if I drive 75 or 85...so guess what my choice is :)
I don't think 19.5 is to far off on city driving fo this car
wrote:

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com