96 Accord EX Mileage

I recently purchased 96 Accord EX Sedan with 4 Speed Automatic transmission with 136,500 miles on it. I use this car for daily commuting and the estimated city mileage is about 19.5 MPG. I was expecting higher gas mileage than this.

Is it normal, or is there anything wrong with my Accord?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Bowon Lee

Is that a V-6 or four-cylinder EX?

will give you some idea of how your car's mileage is doing relative to a benchmark 96 Accord EX. If your car is a V-6, 19.5 mpg looks pretty good. If not, try the tips at
to improve your mileage. With a car one has bought used only recently, I think it very prudent to put in a couple hundred dollars more for basic tune-up items (as listed at the link right above), to ensure it runs a long time, and to sort of establish a starting point for your maintenance routine.

By any chance did you learn when the timing belt had last been changed? That shouldn't affect MPG, but it's important to know to ensure the timing belt doesn't break on you.

"Bowon Lee" wrote

Reply to
Elle

Our '96 LX 4-cyl 5-spd averages close to 32, and my new '06 EX-V6 is getting

30+ !!!

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

96 EX Vtec 5 speed 24 city with AC on, just at 30 highway with AC on.
Reply to
Steve, but not the Australian

i get around 28 mpg mainly hwy 99 accord 4cyl

150K miles.... I commute about 120 miles a day and it seems to get about the same milage on the hwy if I drive 75 or 85...so guess what my choice is :)

I don't think 19.5 is to far off on city driving fo this car

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

whats the milage in town?