96 Accord fresh air ventilation

Hi,

The windows in my 96 Accord (Wagon) fog-up very easily in humid weather, it doesn't even have to actually rain. It does this fogging much more than my previous 91 Accord. I have already checked the airco drain tube. Have not found any wet spots inside the car, I have checked all obvious locations.

It seems like the fresh air intake path could be clogged. When listening to the fan speed (fan at max, engine off) while switching between fresh air and recycle, the fan is running at higher rpm / more freely when at recycle. Does anyone have the same experience with an Accord? Is this typical, or is this the indication that at some point the fresh air intake path is blocked?

Thanks, Jan

Reply to
JanN

The CR-V does the same. I will sound way louder on recycle. Your cabin filter is probably plugged too.

In cold weather, use FRESH (dry) air to keep your Honda from steaming up, or switch your AC on along with the heat (CR-V does it automatically) to ensure DRY air is used.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_