96 Accord Hydraulic Clutch problem

My 96 Accord has a slow leak in the hydraulic clutch system somewhere. The Haynes manual tells me there are only 3 parts to the system, the master cyl, slave, and the hydraulic hose (metal pipe) in between. When I look at the car it is more complicated. The metal hydraulic line leaves the master cylinder at the clutch pedal and goes all the way across the car into something about the same size and shape as a hockey puck on the frame just above the passenger side drive axle. A different metal hose comes out of there and somewhere I can't see turns into a rubber hose. The rubber hose runs into the top of the trans just below the shift lever, next to the back-up switch. It then turns back into a metal hose that goes to the slave cylinder that disengages the clutch.

Master and slave are clean and dry. The problem seems to be up at the top of the trans, there is fluid around this. I talked to the auto parts store and they said they only carry the master and slave. What is the hydraulic clutch system plugged into at the top of the trans??? Can a replacement be had? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
zed

hey that item your talking about is like a joint ?? only dealers carry that

but usually the master leaks from > My 96 Accord has a slow leak in the hydraulic clutch system somewhere. The

Reply to
Ivan

have you tried tightening the flare nut?

Reply to
jim beam

has your parts diagrams. It's normal to have to add a bit over the life of the car, and you're supposed to get it flushed whenever you have the brakes done (since brake fluid absorbs moisture). Read your owner's manual for the interval.

Have you ever had it bled?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'