96 accord stuck in park

My girlfriend's 96 accord is stuck in park. She can use the shift lock to release it and put it in neutral to start it and use it that way. I can't find it (the switch) in the Chilton's online do-it-
yourself manual.
Thanks.
John
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Read through the cable adjustment in the TSB's provided here.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/index.html
If it only happens sometimes, adjusting it may fix the problem. If it's all the time, and it came on suddenly, it's probably electrical. Are her brake lights working?
www.slhondaparts.com has all your diagrams.
'Curly'
On 15 May 2007 06:45:50 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

In the old days, it would have been the neutral safety switch but on the Honda, dunno.