96 Accord will not turnover

Greetings, I have an 96 Accord 4 dr LX a/t with 156k miles. Initially would click at starter solenoid when trying to start but now finally refuses to turn over at the starter. Replaced starter, master relay, starter signal fuse (in fuse box) and battery load tests ok. Am pretty much at a loss any ideas. Thanks Greyhound Tampa, FL

Reply to
Grey-hound

Have you checked the IGN key switch contacts? Get out you multimeter and start tracing the circuit.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

indeed - suspect #1. if not that, look for hydraulic lock. remove spark plugs and see if it turns over then.

Reply to
jim beam

Take it to a qualified mechanic. You have probably already paid more than it will cost.

Reply to
Woody

I checked the contacts and in position 3 which is the start position I was not getting any continuity(bad). So it looks to be a switch. According to the CDRom manual I have (I hate this one) it shows that changing it to be straight forward. Since I have never done it do I need any special tools or expertise to do this or will my backyard mechanic skills be enough? Thanks Greyhound

Reply to
Grey-hound

Look this over

and decide whether it looks like it's within your abilities. Yours may be a little different but the work is pretty similar. One final admonition - when putting the switch back on the lock, don't overtighten the screws. Use some blue LokTite and gentle tightening to avoid breaking the plastic. Don't ask me how I know :-(

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Screw the load test, can you jump it?