’96 Honda Accord surging at startup

When my ?96 Honda accord, 4 cyl, 2.2 L manual tranny, has been off for a while, upon startup it will "surge" between 1k and 2.5k RPMs. It will do this for about five minutes before leveling off to a normal idle. Once the car has warmed up, I can turn it off, come back 15 mins later and it will idle normally upon startup. Its only after it has sat off for extended periods of time. Anybody experience this before? Is this a defective sensor? Also, I have a high flow, short ram AEM intake, not sure if this makes any difference. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
AshTag

AshTag wrote in news:969310 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

maybe sticking or leaky fuel injectors? try running a couple tanksfuls with Techron injector cleaner.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You also need to bleed the air out of the cooling system. See this diagram,

for the location of the bleeder bolt. It shouldbe part #12. With engine cold, loosen the bleeder bolt and add coolantuntil there are no air bubbles remaining in the stream of coolant exitingfrom the top of the bleeder bolt. Let us know if this helps. If not, then there could be a problem elsewhere.

Eric

Reply to
Eric