96 Honda Accord surging at startup

When my 96 Honda accord, 4 cyl, 2.2 L manual tranny, has been off for a while, upon startup it will "surge" between 1k and 2.5k RPMs. It will do this for about five minutes before leveling off to a normal
idle. Once the car has warmed up, I can turn it off, come back 15 mins later and it will idle normally upon startup. Its only after it has sat off for extended periods of time. Anybody experience this before? Is this a defective sensor? Also, I have a high flow, short ram AEM intake, not sure if this makes any difference. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

maybe sticking or leaky fuel injectors? try running a couple tanksfuls with Techron injector cleaner.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
jim beam wrote:

You also need to bleed the air out of the cooling system. See this diagram, http://tinyurl.com/2osqo8 , for the location of the bleeder bolt. It should be part #12. With engine cold, loosen the bleeder bolt and add coolant until there are no air bubbles remaining in the stream of coolant exiting from the top of the bleeder bolt.
Let us know if this helps. If not, then there could be a problem elsewhere.
Eric