96 Honda Civic...Misfire code

I have a 96 Civic Hatchback with a 1.6L. My engine would misfire (engine light would come on) only when the engine is under strain...such as climbing a hill in 5th gear or over 100kph...when Im
scooting around town its fine. Ive replaced the spark plugs , ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor...but it still will misfire under the same circumstances...I dont know what to do next !?!?!? Could it be a fuel problem?
Thanks Pat
pibby2000 wrote:

tegger.com for details.
pibby2000 wrote:

Your manual says you should be in fourth gear. You'd be amazed at how high they say you can go in each gear. You're lugging it.
It could possibly be a dirty injector or the fuel filter (or the driving method).
Use injector cleaner three or four times a year.
'Curly'
On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:13:01 -0700, motsco_ wrote:

On hills, I always operate in the upper range of the gears. I am not sure about other Hondas, but the 06 Si has all the torque between 6000 and 8000 RPM's, so the car just does the climb much better up there.

Very good advice.
[snipped]

Posting from the USA.
My local COSTCO has stopped carrying Chevron's Techron injector cleaner. What do you regulars think of STP's Concentrated Injector Cleaner. I can get it at BJ's.
Thanks.
For future ref.
After looking further into the fireing system I found voltage discharge burns on the coil.... Once I replaced it the car ran fine
Thanks for the help and comments
"pibby2000" wrote: > I have a 96 Civic Hatchback with a 1.6L. My engine would > misfire (engine light would come on) only when the engine is > under strain...such as climbing a hill in 5th gear or over > 100kph...when I'm scooting around town it's fine. I've > replaced the spark plugs , ignition wires, distributor cap and > rotor...but it still will misfire under the same > circumstances...I don't know what to do next !?!?!? Could it > be a fuel problem? > > Thanks Pat