96 Ody AC problems help please! i`m in the south :)

The front vents on my Ody 96 Ac just stopped blowing air,the two side vents are fine,my question is :are those doors controlled by pneumatic or electrical circuits?
thanks

They are operated by engine vacuum. You either have a vacuum hose that's come off or broken or a bad check valve. Also possibly a bad vacuum modulator - (the gizmo that actually operates the vents)
Do you where they are located?
writes:

Your problem could be anywhere between the engine compartment and somewhere behind the dash. It really is a crap-shoot. These are flexible plastic hoses (miniature). You're going to have to pull the dash down to locate the problem. The ductwork could also have simply come apart behind the dash. Either way some disassembly is going to be required. You might want to go to Autozone and purchase a service manual for your Ody.

Crusader wrote:

The actuators on my '98 (Gen 1) are electric motors. The Chilton's manual #30300 covers the Gen 1 and Gen II Ody, as well as gen 1 CR-V. In Canada, the Honda dealers seem to keep that manual in stock.
'Curly'
Thanks to all ,getting the manual tomorrow.

Problem went away by itself! Weird isn`t?