96 Ody AC problems help please! i`m in the south :)

The front vents on my Ody 96 Ac just stopped blowing air,the two side vents are fine,my question is :are those doors controlled by pneumatic or electrical circuits? thanks

Reply to
Crusader

They are operated by engine vacuum. You either have a vacuum hose that's come off or broken or a bad check valve. Also possibly a bad vacuum modulator - (the gizmo that actually operates the vents)

Reply to
Bubba

Do you where they are located?

Reply to
Crusader

Reply to
Bubba

The actuators on my '98 (Gen 1) are electric motors. The Chilton's manual #30300 covers the Gen 1 and Gen II Ody, as well as gen 1 CR-V. In Canada, the Honda dealers seem to keep that manual in stock.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

Reply to
Crusader

Problem went away by itself! Weird isn`t?

Reply to
Crusader