97 Accord Locks by Itself

My wife has a 97' Accord with around 87,000 miles on it. Last winter a problem came up that has me stumped. When it's cold, cool,

Reply to
josefritz

The lock in the drivers door has an integrated switch that senses the position of the lock (so that when you use the key or the knob, the control unit will know to lock or unlock the doors). My guess is that dirt, moisture and cold weather has made the switch sluggish. When you press the unlock button, the doors unlock, but the switch does not follow, it is still in the "lock" position. This tells the controller to lock all doors again.

Reply to
Randolph

It appears that the weather is the problem which means that water or moisture is somehow getting into the locking mechanisms. I don't know any solution to the problem. My only advice is to use the key to unlock the car. If you are inside the car and want to get out--try pulling up on the knob located near the window instead of relying on the controls mounted on the arm rest. Ask a mechanic or the dealership service manager to try to determine how water or moisture is getting into the locking mechanism.

Reply to
Jason