97 Accord LX thermostat

Greetings,
This may seem like a dumb question, but is the thermostat on a '97 Accord LX 2.2L on the top or the bottom of the engine?
It looks to me like it should be on the top where the radiator hose
goes into the engine block, but I read some postings that some Honda thermostats are on the lower part of the engine.
Thanks much.
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

"return" side of the coolant flow, not "feed" like most thermostats. why?

UPPER end of the LOWER rad hose. Rear end of the head, towards the firewall, opposite the timing belt.
The thermostat in Hondas made since about the mid-'80s is on the suction side (before the water pump).
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Pictures at www.slhondaparts.com
The doctor holds his clip board firmly and asks: "Do you want to tell us about your problem?"
'Curly'