'97 Accord muffler problem

I have a 97 Accord (80k) with the original muffler (I beleive).
My problem is that it looks like hair, gray and black, is coming out of the tail pipe. Is this fiberglass from the muffler or did someone stick
something up there? The tailpipe is roughly 6"-12" from the muffler. I pulled out what I could. I looked in there with a flashlight but can't tell what's going on. Car still runs normal.
Any help is appreciated.
TIA