97 Accord Oxygen sensors

Does anyone know what it costs to replace the front and rear oxygen sensors with labor....

thanks

Reply to
Firebird

-------------

Way too many factors are missing.

What are the 5-W's?

Who What Where When Why. . . . Why seems to be a good place to start. (although Who suggested it is a good question too)

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I need to get them replaced and i was told its like 400 for parts and labor. Sounds very high to me....

Reply to
Firebird

Who told you they needed to be replaced?

Try purchasing the OEM ones online from

then seeing what an independent shop will charge to install them.

Do not let anyone talk you into going non-OEM.

"Firebird" wrote

Reply to
Elle

"Firebird" wrote in news:pwOAg.5491$ snipped-for-privacy@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com:

Why replace BOTH O2 sensors?

The rear one is for OBDII -monitoring the effectiveness of the catalytic converter.

Each sensor is about $100(not at a dealer!),and labor should be ~1 hour shop rate(variable).

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Firebird" wrote in news:4VPAg.1156$ snipped-for-privacy@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com:

Maybe is. Maybe not. Got a parts/labor breakdown?

High-quality OEM oxygen sensors are *very* expensive. Odd that *both* of them need to be replaced. Been using leaded gas?

Why do you "need" to get them replaced? What prompted this?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns9815DA605328Ftegger@207.14.116.130:

I don't believe leaded gas is sold anymore in the US,outside of special racing fuels.(like NASCAR)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
Firebird

There's no such thing as an O2 light. If you're thinking of the amber "Check Engine Light", it could mean one of many possibilities. Your car uses OBD-II, so you need to retrieve the codes with an OBD-II scan tool.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit