97 Accord: power window only lasts 4 years

I have a '97 Accord. The driver side power window died in 2001, so I had the dealer fix it (so presumably they used genuine honda parts). Now it died again, so it seems like it only lasts for 4 years. What's up with that?

Reply to
accord_owner

I think that is your bad luck. Most doors last for the life of the car. Why don't you go to a junkyard and get a door motor and replace it yourself.

Reply to
SadaYama

I have a '97 Accord. While one of the windows is a bit slow, all the motors still work.

Reply to
Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

Sometimes lubricating the power window regulator components will eliminate the slow movement of the window in both the upwards and downwards directions. In many cases this is the problem--and not the power window regulator motor itself.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

I'm going to test drive a '97 Accord tomorrow and may end up purchasing it for a second vehicle. I hope the '97 models were good ones overall. I like the body style of that generation Accord.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.