97 Civic...

Can anyone tell me where the main relay is located. I have to grope for it.... Very little chance of me getting under the dash, at the moment.. S-I-L called and said crank,
but no start.. thx

Right above the hood latch. <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelay.html
How to diagnose: <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#mainrelay
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Tegger wrote:

Well, 145K miles / car has half a tank of gas / new plugs and wires / new battery / Apparent "quick Lube" maintenance / Click one works Click two works and the CEL goes off - Starter engages and cranks fine / (not a hint of ignition) I can't hear the 3rd click and the position of the car doesn't allow me to open the door enough to get under the dash and feel the relay. I'm tempted to go and get an ignition module... What say you?
bobj wrote:

Forgot to mention, I checked the under dash fuses also and the Fuel pump and the other (can't remember what it was) were ok..

Do you have a tachometer?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Tegger wrote:

I just downloaded the Igniter input test (thx)... Will try that next...

Might be easier to simply have a helper sit in the driver's seat and operate the starter while you get down on your knees outide the door and use your right hand to feel for that third click from the Main Relay.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:41:07 -0500, bobj wrote:

i say you should
1. check for computer codes. depending on that outcome,
2. bother to read the main relay diagnostics like tegger says. /then/ if that's ok,
3. check for spark.
if not spark, go ahead and check the ignition system. again, follow tegger's diagnostics.