97 Honda Civic Ex blowing 20A a/c fuse

Hi,
My 97 Honda Civic EX just starting blowing the 20A condenser a/c fuse today. I have put in two replacements which also blew fairly quickly. Does anyone know what could cause this ?
Thanks, Lynn McGuire

My first guesses would be an electrical short (which would blow any fuse of any size) or a problem with the condenser drawing too much power. Have the condenser checked.
On 08/26/2010 03:17 AM, Seth wrote:

condenser? don't you mean compressor?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

I checked all of the wiring for worn areas this morning and did not see anything. In fact, I am quite impressed with all of the wiring and wiring shields.
Thanks, Lynn

Took it to a local shop. The electric clutch on the compressor is shorting out. So, they are putting in a new a/c compressor (probably rebuilt) with clutch in for me. Lucky me !
Lynn
september.org:

you should verify that you're getting a new compressor if you are paying for a new compressor.
If they're installing a rebuilt item,they should tell you that.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik