97 Prelude Transmission Problem-Jerk

Guys,
I've been having this tranmission jerk when shifting from 1st to 2nd. It seems like when the RPM hits 3000 the tranny would want to go to neutral before shifting up to 2nd, and when it shifts the car will
jerk. Depending on the timing of the engagement, the jerk can be both minor and major. I'm planning to do a transmission flush soon. Can please somebody help? Is the transmission crapping out?
Thanks so much!
twitwaic wrote:

----------------------------------
You don't use the word 'flush' in the same sentence as Honda ant transmission. Just drain and fill it two or three times with Honda Z1 drive it a day or 7 in between. Sounds like somebody has put the wrong stuff in it.
Mileage is a big factor.
'Curly'
Yeah actually I changed the transmission fluid once last year and the guy used valvoline fluid and overfilled it. I then had this freind of mine drain and refill it with Honda Z1 oil, and I thought that took care of it, but it didn't and the jerk is thisll there. Do you guys not recommend 'full flush' on transmission fluid??...I've heard both good and bad about it... By the way the car has 80k miles..
Thanks..
twitwaic wrote:

honda fluid /is/ different. drain and refill a couple more times, with about a week of driving in between. never flush a honda.
twitwaic wrote:

Your friend only changed about 1/3rd of the volume. It has to be done two or three more times. There's not many TSB's about Prelude at this site, but take a look anyhow.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb /
'Curly'

http://www.absoluteprelude.com/ The Prelude sport-shift has been one of Honda's problematic transmissions. I would guess yours is a 5th gen -- the first year of that model.