98 Accord, Maint Rq'd light

'98 Accord
I just brought it back from the dealer and the Maint. Req'd light is on. It wasn't when I took it there for radiator/coolant service. I read somewhere
that the light isn't related to any type of service, it's just a reminder light that needs to be reset.
I'm not happy with my dealer at all and don't want to have to be without my car for 24 hrs just to have the light reset.
I saw something recently that said to turn the key to the on position, press the pedal to the floor three times within 7 secs, then turn to the off position and start normally. It said the light should go off in a few secs. I tried it, it seemed to go off for 1 sec and come back on. Tried it a few times, same result. The article said to keep trying if it didn't work on the first try.
Am I doing it right or wasting my time? I just need to reset the Maint Req'd light without having to make a service appt a week from now and be without my car again.

do you have the Operators Manual? it probably has the info you seek.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Come on man, what if the OP purchased the car used, and did not receive an owner's manual?
Then again this might work too: With the key off, hold down the trip meter reset button. turn the key on and continue holding the reset button in until the maintenance light goes off, about 10 seconds.

That was Click and Clack talking about how GM cars are built.
On your Honda, hold down the trip odometer reset button while turning the car on. Keep it held down until the light goes off.
Voila.
1. Turn off the engine. 2. Press and hold the select/reset button in the instrument panel, then turn the ignition switch ON (II). 3. Hold the button for about ten seconds, until the indicator resets.
From the 98 Accord Sedan's owner's manual at https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp , under "Maintenance Required Indicator":

Thanks to those who responded positively. If I had the manual, I would have checked there prior to asking here, Mr Yanik. If you have nothing to contribute, zip it.
Worked as advertised, thanks to the helpful people.
Chuck wrote:

======================== Here's the FINE manual:
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_OMANUAL.asp
'Curly'

you would be surprised at how many DO have the manual but don't bother to read it before asking questions.I note you didn't ask where you could FIND a copy of the manual,either. (I also posted only "RTM",not "RT-F-M",being civil.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik