98 Accord Timing Belt

Anyone had one replaced? Did you also repleace the Waterpump while doing this job? Other drive belts (since they all have to be taken off anyway)?
Approximate cost?
Thanks in advance for any info, I noticed my sons Accord needs it at 110K miles he's overdue. Wondering what it is going to cost. (me)
--
Steve L
Ashby Ma

On Nov 28, 7:51 am, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

But why go to the dealer?? This is a pretty standard job that most cars need these days. Any reputable independent shop can do this, and I suspect it will be 75% of the cost of the dealer (different labor rates). You can call around and see, since it's a 'book' job usually.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA
You have a 4 or 6 cyl? Had my V6 done at my dealer at 100k miles. I am a dedicated customer at my dealer so I got the package for $495 for timing belt, water pump and all drive belts.

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 05:44:06 -0800 (PST), Dano58

Howdy Honda in Austin Texas had the lowest price and the best service in the area for this job when I had it done to my '93. That was a couple of years ago.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher Freelance science writer