98 civic almost kills

I have a 98 civic dx that sounds like it wants to die after i accelerate, but then it comes back to life and idles normally. any ideas on what is causing this? thanks in advance!!

Dirty fuel filter,low fuel pressure,slow ("lazy")oxygen sensor? How many miles on the car? I've read that O2 sensors are good for between 60K and 100K miles or about 10 yrs. (from Google searching "lazy oxygen sensor")
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik