98 civic check engine light

After turning the car on/off several times yesterday while replacing the blower fan, the check engine light suddenly came on.. I have unscrewed the gas cap several times and tightened it but it is still there..

Any other ideas on how to remove it? I know that it might be an actual error but this has happened in other cards and there seem to be ways to make it disappear. Thanks

Reply to
Michael Gazer

The answer is probably in the glove compartment. Book says you're supposed to tighten the gas cap, then the car will wait 'three trips' to reset the light.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

Take it to an Autozone or somewhere else and have the codes read. That is the only way to determine the problem.

Reply to
Woody