98 Civic Cruise control not working???

Used 98 Civic, coupe, manual, 70,000 miles. My daughter asked me to look at her cruise control.. It does not work. Fuse looks good. We don't have the manual so I'm going to pick up a Chiltern book tonight but
thought I'd check here and see if anyone can suggest the next thing I could check? When you press the cruise button on the dash nothing lights up. ( Usually, there is a light on the dash that tells you cruise is turned on)
Not a big deal but she just started traveling on the mass pike to work and she would use it now....
Thanks for any input!!
Steve