98 civic, heat only comes out on the floor?

used, 98 civic EX, Manual tranny, 80,000 miles. We bought in the spring, I asked my daughter how the heat was working. She says its only coming out at her feet. I suspect there is a problem with the
switches to divert the heat from floor to face to defrost. ( I'll check car out tonight ).
No manual came with the car.
is there an online source for the manuals?
How do these switches work? controls an electric motor which opens and closes the doors to direct airflow?? If so I'm guessing it could be a fuse?
Any info on this system would be appreciated..
Steve
Heat normally only comes out on the floor. Look at the selector switch. What position is it in?

Woody wrote:

c'mon dude, it's psychic wednesday - get your crystal ball out and have a look.

"comcastss news groups" ( snipped-for-privacy@starprintingcorp.com) writes:

Some basic diagnostics would help. Does the heat continue to come out the floor vents when dash vents or defrost is selected? Then the divertor flaps are moving. Could be disconnected or seized.
Does the heat stop coming out of the floor vents when another option is selected? The hose/ducts could be disconnected or they could be blocked with leaves or a critter nest (bitter experience on the latter).
If the hoses are blocked, I would expect the tone of the blower to change when switching from floor to defrost.
HTH. Dan (This account is not used for email.)