98 Civic LX Headlamp Condensation

I am broke, and this car did not come with an owner's manual. I can't see at night because my headlamps are fogged up. I have found conflicting info about whether or not I have to remove the front
bumper to do: 1.Drill air holes in the bottom of the headlamp assembly behind the lens; or, 2. Somehow pop-off the lens and clean it and attempt to re-seal the assembly; or, 3. Replace the whole assembly with a cheap new one from ebay.
Do I have to take off the front bumper to do either of these? What should I do?

Drilling holes in the bottom of the reflector, immediately behind the lens, is the best way to fix this.
Alternatively, you will find good cheap headlamp assemblies at a local wreckers, likely cheaper than eBay.
No matter whether you replace entirely, drill the reflector or reseal the lens, you need to remove the front bumper. This PDF is for a car newer than yours, but will give you some idea of what you're in for. I'ts not difficult, just fiddly. <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/manual_scans/civic/03-civic-frt-bumper-remove.pdf
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

<http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/manual_scans/civic/03-civic-frt-bumper-remove.pdf
I agree with Tegger. I did that exact thing and it worked perfect. No more problem!

What size holes did you drill?

Really tiny ones, but five or six of them. Maybe 3/32" diameter.
If the holes are too big, they let in too much dust. Plus they show from the outside. Make them as close to the lens as possible.