98 civic rear hub replacement

Have 98 Civic EX 20dr. nonABS. Think the rear hubs are bad. Want to replace on my own. Wants to know what's involved and if I need to put bearing grease
on the new bearings and etc... What's the torque spec on tightening the spindle nuts?? Please help.
This is an expensive proposition, becuase those rear hubs are sealed units. Up here in Canada they go for $130 each from Honda. 110 from aftermarket.
Torque spec in my honda manual says 134 ftlbs.
grobo wrote:

grobo wrote:

:-) Those 20 door Civics are REALLY HARD on their bearings . . :-)
I priced out NAPA and a couple others and found they can be had way cheaper. I'm talking Odyssey, but it's probably the same for the Civic.
Try www.slhondaparts.com for great exploded view diagrams and part lists w/ pricing.
'Curly'
my prices are quoted in canadian, I have no doubt they are cheaper in the US. Still, very frustrating that you can't just use a press and replace just the bearings.