98 civic timing belt

Well, it's that 100,000 mile time on my civic, so I was going to replace the timing belt. I've done this before on similar engines, and I can do it in less than an hour but... This engine has AC, Power Steering, and PBs, and all this stuff is right in from of the timing belt cover. I'm looking at, but I can't tell if I will be able to work around all those hoses and tubes, or if I have to disconnect those in order to work. Has anyone done this before on this engine? Can you get round the hoses for the AC and what not or do you have to pull them out? If I have to pull them out I think I may actually pay someone to do it because having to refill all those fluids, and recharge the AC doen't excite me.

Thanks,

Paul.

Reply to
Pdigmking

and learn to cross-post.

Reply to
jim beam

Reply to
David

"David" wrote in news:7IOdnRaaqoyExujVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net:

Thanks David.

Reply to
Pdigmking

Check out how Honda Tuning Magazine did it o a 99 Civic DX:

http://www.h> Pdigmk> > Well, it's that 100,000 mile time on my civic, so I was going to replac= e

Reply to
johngdole

except that the last thing to take off is the rocker cover, not the first. the whole time the top of the motor is open, dust and grit are getting in, especially when you're moving the power steering pump and a/c compressor out of the way.

doesn't anybody read the manual any more?

Reply to
jim beam