98 CRV ABS light

A neighbour asked me to look at his CRV automatic, parked since Feb with a starter problem. I disconnected the battery and fixed the minor starter
issue, charged up the battery and started the engine.
The ABS light is on once the engine is running, and the owner (who is not mechanical at all) does not recall if it was on last Feb.
Any suggestions? Is there a reset for the ABS computer? Does low fluid cause ABS issues? Would disconnecting the battery be relevent? I can't feel any ABS puslations in the brake pedal, so I suppose its not working.
Any suggestions?
SD
Stewart DIBBS wrote:

If the light is on, ABS is disabled. Battery had no influence on the situation. Test the 'idiot' lights on the dash to be sure the BRAKE one is working, then check the park brake's retraction. Is it limp? Check the brake fluid level too. If the light comes on without the CR-V even moving, her ABS pump isn't running (on some years / models it sometimes doesn't run unless you accelerate on highway a few times). Try tapping it with something metalic during the first 60 seconds after startup. It may be gummed up / dried out.
Let us know what you find.
Here's some reading material, but don't get too sidetracked by it all
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/index.html
'Curly'

Checked the car again today and pulsed the power to the ABS a few times. Now on idle the ABS light is off. We'll see how it goes.
SD