98 CRV crank main pulley wobbly?

Hi, Lately I get loud squeal when I start engine. Like a belt slipping. Today I opened the hood and watched while engine is running. Looks to me main pulley which drives two belts opposite way seems wobbly. Can it happen(something loose?). All the belts are replaced by dealer couple months ago. The vehicle is 98 CRV(2.0L engine) which has been very reliable. TIA, Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

After a belt job it's not uncommon to find that either the power steering belt or the alternator belt weren't properly tensioned. Check these first.

"Tony Hwang" wrote

Reply to
Elle

If the bolt is working loose, you'll have HUGE trouble shortly. If it was a non-honda dealer and they didn't use the correct tool to lock up the pulley when removing the bolt, they may have shredded the harmonic balancer that's inside the crankshaft pulley.

Some wobble is normal.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'