'98 CRV Random Stalling

I'll be driving along and suddenly without any warning my 1998 CRV (86K miles) will just die. No sputtering, the engine just cuts out.
When I try to restart it, sometimes it will start right up and I can
drive away, other times the engine starts up but then after a second or two, it stops again. Today it took me a dozen tries to get it restated. I finally got it going by turning the key and keeping the engine revved for about 10 seconds.
So far the problem has been occurring only once per time I take the car out for errands.
Anyone know what might be wrong. To me is seems like it might be some sort of computer or electrical issue.
Hi.I have a 1986 honda ballade(civic) and have the same problem.It seems to just get worse and it tends to happen on a uphill or on a rather long stretch of road or when Im driving fast.As such I have avoided highways.However lately I have found that my gas tank builds up a large amount of back pressure.I think it might be my problem.The pressure get so high that the petrol pump starts sucking air to reliese some pressure.When it happens pop the tank and listen.If it blows a lot of gas try checking if you tank of gascap has a breather hole.If not try driving a day without the cap on to see if the problem persits.Maybe a machanic can tell you where to check for the breather hole.Maybe its bloked.Im contenplating drilling a small hole in my cap.Hope this helps.