98 Honda Accord LX

I have a problem that kinda corrected it's selp; The motor would surge after it warmed up . You can see th whole motor going up and down under the hood. I took it to auto zone and they said I had a vacuam problem. I
took the two screws off the purge valve and it stopped surrging. I then put part back on but did not tighten screws down, aka, a little loose. Can I drive this car untill I get it fixed. Engine light stays on so this is only thing worring me, as I don't want to mess up this motor. Love the car!
southeast wrote:

If you think something is sucking air in (loosening that valve could be a symptom), you could spray some starting fluid, ether or WD40 around suspected air hoses while the car is idling. If the RPM changes significantly and then drops again, you found the culprit.
remco
Thank you remco I will try it.