98 Honda Civic EX

I have a 1998 Honda Civic EX and have been hearing a knocking-type sound coming from the front passenger side. It also occurs when I go over bumps. The sound is also similar when you crack your knuckles. I
hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Have a passenger riding in that seat. Going slowly in a bumpy parking lot (and when the car is making that noise), have passenger hold the door open a few inches so the door latch is away from the frame. Does the noise stop? If so, the door hinges are worn.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ