98 honda civic lx rear doors stopped unlocking...

Both of the rear doors in my civic stopped opening. mainly because they wont unlock anymore. my father fixed one before but i am unable to have him try to fix them again. tried pulling the lock up with pliers and half of it broke off. i know i need to take the door panels off but im clueless as to what to do from there. i think the chile safety lock might be on but not positive. when i push the unlock button on the driver door all 4 locks seem to unlock but the rear doors both make a noise and wont open. hoping for some help so i can have it fixed before i move back to school, any help is appreciated thanks!! Ashley

Reply to
ashleydentist46