98 Integra w/ B18 transmission mount question

Nathan Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Forwards, backwards, or sideways, all that counts is that it work.

So am I. The JDM/Type-R mystique is so prevalent in the Honda world that it's easy to rip off buyers. Kind of like tarting-up a regular '67 Malibu to look like an SS and then charging a premium for it while "forgetting" to tell the buyer that it's actually a "tribute"..

IN the swept area? The ridge is usually on the perimeter, or outboard of the swept area just before the surface transitions to the perimeter.

Reply to
Tegger

Yup, for some reason it was rusted farther out from the hat than where the pads started. Only thing I can think of was that someone did a pad slap on it but you'd think the rust would have worn off by now, as the front pads are about 1/2 thickness. Oh well, not going to worry about it ATM, it'll g et addressed when they wear out. Told him that new front brakes would 100% fix it, but there's other priorities at the moment, like tires and getting the windshield washers working...

We're going back to hopefully get it running and everything done save for t ires and alignment today, so I'll post back with the trans tag numbers.

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

Nathan Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Honda brakes are really cheap quality. Check the slide pins to makes certain they're free, and make sure the pads are a free and easy fit in the bracket. Pads should lift out with fingertip-pressure only. Any force needed, and they're seized.

Do you hear the motor running? Sometimes the plastic line breaks that runs alongside the driver's hood hinge. The motor runs but fluid just dribbles onto the ground near the driver's front wheel.

Reply to
Tegger

Yup, got that. Actually did some rehab on the brakes... put new rear pads and rotors on it last work day, and ended up needing a pin kit for one of t he rear wheels and a set of the stainless inserts for the pad carriers for one of the front wheels. Greased all of the pins on all wheels, even the o nes that weren't getting replaced. Should be good for a while now. The fr ont pads were "Duralast" brand so they've clearly been replaced, but aren't due for another replacement for a while now.

That's exactly what happened. when removing the plastic cowl panel we foun d not a broken hose but one disconnected from the tee under the driver's si de nozzle. My friend said that he'd had the windshield replaced recently s o I don't know if it can be attributed to that or if it just fell off - rep laced that section of hose and it's all good now.

Car is back on the road and hopefully much safer than it was... now just ne eds tires and alignment (unless I'm missing something!) I'll post the tag numbers later.

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

Hey, I enjoyed lurking and reading this thread. I understood maybe one word in twenty, so it was kind of like listening to the technobabble on an episode of "Star Trek"! Or maybe like the courtroom scenes in "My Cousin Vinnie". Makes me appreciate the service guys a little more anyway.

I gapped a spark plug once.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Nathan Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

In my experience, they don't just "fall off". Were these hoses clear vinyl or black rubber? If clear vinyl, then they tend to shrink and grip the tee so hard it's near-impossible to pull them off without breaking the tee.

If the hose wasn't loose, then the windshield place simply forgot to plug it back in again.

I'm sure it is.

Make sure the tag looks legit, and not like it's been peeled off and stuck back on again...

Reply to
Tegger

Just in case you were eagerly waiting for an update on this, the car is fix ed (save for tires and an alignment and hopefully an eventual fart-can-ecto my), but my phone bricked itself shortly after and I lost all my recent pho tos. I also as a result still don't have the tag numbers... now my own rid e has started screwing with me so I'm stuck in a loop of car maintenance an d repair.

Also, why are HID burners so bloody expensive and hard to find?

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel