98 water pump

Used 98 civic water pump - had 80,000 miles on it. Replaced when changing timming belt. Nothing wrong with pump. $10

I think we saw this before. I never figured out why anybody would put in a water pump that was already removed from service because it was too close to the end of its life expectancy. There's nothing wrong with the old timing belt either, but there's a reason you had them both changed.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

    True story: Bought my '92 Accord new, and at 100,000 miles decided that it was time for the timing belt to be replaced. Honda dealer service advisor suggested the water pump be replaced also. I thought he was just padding the bill, so I didn't do it. About one year and 23,000 miles later, the pump started leaking. Had to have an independent garage re-replace the belt AND the pump. Lesson Learned. bob
grobo wrote:

as others have more politely stated, this is laughably absurd!