99 Accord - Could sure use a quick tip

Help! I'm all set to replace the ignition coil on a 1999 Accord LX 4D, 2.3

4cyl.

Problem: The two screw/bolts holding the distributor cover in place seem nearly rounded on the outside and very soft in the slots where a Phillips screwdriver seems to belong. I'm scared to damage them but can't get either one started at all. A 6mm wrench is too small, the 7mm slips over the edges.

Any ideas or experieces greatly appreciated

Reply to
John Smith

loewent via CarKB.com

You probably need to switch to a WAY BIGGER Phillips tip, or grind a few thousandths off the tip of the one you have. Jap phillips has a shallower hole in it. Same is true for the screw on the distributor rotor.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Snap On has the only phillips screwdriver I would even think of using on that..just make sure it's the right size. Otherwise....there's always ViseGrips.

Reply to
dsguy