'99 Accord CV Boots Suppliers

TeGGeR® and Rich Gray convince me that replacing worn CV boots alone is better cost/effort than replacing the entire axle.
I've browsed and found several suppliers that sell a CV Boot "Kit" (boot,
fastening clamp/band, and grease). Price range is $12 - $16 per kit. The whole front end is 4 kits (inner and outer boots, passenger and driver side) for around $55.
I called my local dealer today, and was given a price of $39 per kit, for total price close to $160.
Is the dealer part really worth 3 times as much?
I don't want to be penny-wise, pound-foolish, but I don't automatically assume that dealer parts are that much different from other suppliers.
What is group's experience? Is there a recommended supplier?
Thanks, Pat
Add pictures here
âś–
Yes. The boots that honda sells are made of superior material and are practically indestructible.
At 80000kms, my CV boots started to show cracks on my 98 civic. Honda replaced them on warranty with OEM parts. I am currently at 249000kms, and these boots still do not show significant wear at all.
Pat Quadlander wrote:

âś–

Yes. The aftermarket boots will last two years then crack again. The new OEM boots will last at least ten years. Do you want to be under there every few months to make sure the cheapo boots are still intact?

In this case they most definitely are.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
"TeGGeR®" wrote:

A lot of rubber parts are now being made in China and most of it is inferior. I'm not a real champion of OEM for everything but agree that anything rubber should be original Honda to assure quality.
JT
Add pictures here
âś–

Neither am I.
Some OEM parts are scandalously expensive for what you get (radiators, for instance).

Nothing compares to OEM boots at all. Not even remotely close.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Tried aftermarket boots and they didn't last 24K miles.

Add pictures here
âś–