99 civic air intake

I'm looking into performance air intakes and was wondering if anyone could recommend what is best for the money. I see dozens of them (short ram, cold
air, etc) but I'd like something that will install with minimal fuss.
Pete

The OEM one works wonderfully, and avoids the possibility of water ingestion and increased engine wear, which can be problems with aftermarket intakes.
Besides, 1) your OEM intake is already a "cold air" type, and 2) the intake air is deliberately heated to 175F by the time it reaches the intake runners, so an aftermarket "cold air" intake is next to useless.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks for the input. I read they can increase hp slightly but the disadvantages you mention are probably not worth it.
Pete

They supposedly give you a horsepower or two. Two hp on a 130hp engine is 1.5% gain. Even if the claims are true, would you even notice 1.5%?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Pete wrote:

if you want bolt-on performance, get a better camshaft. i have a 90 crx d15b2 with stock headers, dpfi, and stock air intake, but it has /significantly/ better performance with a jdm zc cam in it.
Pete wrote:

This was posted around here recently: http://home.stny.rr.com/jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm
Seems to confirm what Tegger said. :-(
'Curly'