99 Civic Seats

I want to buy a 'less than ten year old' Civic Coupe. I drove a 99 EX today that had two big knobs on the driver's seat for adjustment. I later drove
an older (I think a 97) that did not have these knobs and appeared to have a shorter seating area seat. What year did the "two knob" seat start and was that an option or standard.
Thanks,
glen at ccim dot net
Not sure when they started but I do know that on the 1999 and 2000 Civic Si/SiR that they came with those knobs and they were standard.

I believe the 99 and 00 Civic had the two knobs design to control the driver seats (passenger seat didn't have the tilt for the seating cushion, only the driver side came with the extra control). Since my 00 is also an EX, I'm not sure if the LX or DX also had extra seat contol.
glenf wrote:

I believe the 99 and 00 Civic had the two knobs design to control the driver seats (passenger seat didn't have the tilt for the seating cushion, only the driver side came with the extra control). Since my 00 is also an EX, I'm not sure if the LX or DX also had extra seat contol.
glenf wrote:

Yup the 99 and 00 had the two knobs on the drivers seat only. My friends DX does not have any controls.