'99 CR-V Rotors, Brembo or Genuine Honda?

I'm looking at Brembo at Tirerack at around $34 each and Genuine Honda at around $75 each.

Is the Brembo ok to use or should I stear clear and go with the Honda rotors? Comments please, TIA.

Reply to
Siskuwihane

Rich Gray

i use brembo. they're high quality and meet oem standards, unlike some of the other after-market stuff out there.

Reply to
jim beam

Brembo gets my vote. I replaced the vibramatic factory rotors on my '03 Accord with Brembo rotors when there were about 20k miles on the car. Now at 55k miles the brakes still stop beautifully with no vibration.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Thanks Jim, Rich and John.

I'm going to go with with the Brembo rotors and Honda pads.

Reply to
Siskuwihane

I recently replaced my front brakes with Brembo rotors and Akebono ceramic pads on my '88 Civic. They work great, smooth and quiet. The only problem was that I had to retrain my foot since it was used to compensating for the old warped rotors. Fortunately, foot retraining didn't take too long!

Eric

Reply to
Eric

I went from OEM rotors to Honda OEM rotors with a replacement pads that were issued by Honda as new and improved pad over the OEM pad. What a joke. The first rotors and pads lasted 46,000 KM. The seconds set of OEM rotors with the new and improved front pads warped the rotors in

15,000km. I drove that way until about 90,000km, then bought and installed Brembo rotors and OEM pads. The Brembo rotors felt good for 80,000km, and soon after that warping started to show. I now have 225,000Km and I am go> I'm looking at Brembo at Tirerack at around $34 each and Genuine Honda
Reply to
highkm