A beatup Honda Civic Punk tried to raise with me last night,

Page 2 of 2
On Jun 28, 3:25 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

I do happen to know a little something about science. Being an engineer it is kind of my thing. Even if I knew very little about science I could tell you that 4,000 pounds never equals 15,000 pounds, and it also will never equal 600 pounds. To move as light as a 600 pound vehicle would be to move like a motorcycle. Trust me, your car doesn't move like a motorcycle.
I get a kick out of seeing drivers like you think that their car is so great and they are so skilled in driving. I enjoy going to the track with my relatively modest car and watching people in much more expensive and faster cars overdrive their cars and wind up with horrible times. I'm sure they feel stupid when they have lap times about 5 seconds slower than me when I have a horepower to weight ratio about 50% worse, and a capable driver in their car would better my time by at least five seconds.
I think it all comes from sudden wealth or something. Perhaps when going from driving a piece of crap to something with a little performance you honestly believe that it can outperform everything, and that your superhuman driving skill will combine with the supercar to yield the ultimate package. Sorry, but you are not any better than the honda driver who has something to prove. Actually in my opinion you are worse. He only wanted to prove to YOU that he was fast. You insist on bothering the entire mercedes community with how fast you think you are, and apparently how well you would crush other cars that got in your way. That's really something to be proud of-injuring others with your reckless driving.
If you were trying to express impulse when you said 15,000 pounds impact, you got the units all wrong. It actually gets a little tricky since the unit involes both pounds force and pounds mass. It's easier to work in metric units, where implulse is simply expressed in newton seconds. If you do a little math you'll see that it's the same as kg m/ s, or mass times speed.
To everyone else, have a good day. Bill
Add pictures here
✖
My 01 cougar ran high 13s. My 86 stock mustang ran low 13s. I remember a dodge omni ran low 9s once....needless to say i was embarrassed

[...]
On Jun 28, 6:39 am, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

You should have learned to spell before you learned to drive. Is English your second language, Kemo-sabe ?
Add pictures here
✖
Chief snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Assuming that everyone posting to newsgroups of Japanese and German car manufacturers can write perfect English seems like (typically "American") ignorance to me.
(Learning to format your posts properly on the Usenet is also helpful, fwiw.)
-tom!
Add pictures here
✖