A/C Causes Shudder on 2000 Accord EX

I have the 2000 Honda Accord EX, around 100k. When I turn on the A/C the vehicle shudders. It's not a crazy/exaggerated shudder, but as the rest of the ride/driving experience is so smooth it is seemingly
unnecessary.
The timing belt should be replaced but the even when the A/C is not on the timing belt doesn't seem to be a contributor. If it is, it's only in a small way.
What could I do to start the process of troubleshooting besides spending lots of cash?
Thanks in advance,