A/C compressor out on 1999 Civic EX

Checking prices online, found the compressor for a reasonable price. What other components that work with the compressor should I also replace? The Clutch Set?

Any idea on the number of hours labour this should take?

I will buy the parts myself, and go to an auto shop to have it installed.

Thanks.

Reply to
the phelper

I was told to replace the A/C Clutch, the A/C Coil, and the compressor. They didn't mention the drier as needing to be replaced, but I'm told from other knowledgeable folks that I should. What is the consensus here?

Also, I'm tyring ot find the drier part online, but can't locate it. Does it go by another name?

Reply to
the phelper

I think you'll find that the dryer is called the "receiver", if I am not mistaken. Typically replaced when the system is opened for any length of time. (I know only enough to be dangerous - so please check it out with others!)

Reply to
stvnjns