A/C in 1995 Honda Accord LX 4 Dr Sedan

My oldest sister let my other sister use her 1995 Honda starting Fall

2002 until my other sister got a new one in summer 2004. It was used by my brother before for 2 1/2 years. There was a small accident with 1995 Honda in 2002 Fall. It seemed that the AC would work but needed frequent freeon refill while no detection of the leak. The owner sister (a physician) was so busy that she can't tell me the chronological detail of that repir work due to that accident.

From the info I have gathered, when the front hood was replaced due to

that accident, A/C work was also done at the same shop with warranty. When the A/C wasn't working properly, they took it back to the shop but the guy was not in business anymore and was in jail from, according to neighbor shops, for killing his gf.

Timing belt, etc was changed before letting my other used and so the engine is in good shape.

I am helping my sister sells this car since it is just sitting and taking space. One of the potential buyer, after looking under the hood, said that the compressor is not moving. If it is true, can anyone tell me how much would it cost to repair?

BTW, what's the deal with the SRI light on. (The belts are good and so is there a concern w.r.t airbags?) My sister, the one who drovem, said that the guy at the shop where she did the oil chnage, told her not to worry about it but potential buyers are driving me nuts about it. I think they want to get a really good deal out of this but we are more interested in giving away to a family friend on disability than selling it at ridiculous price.

For my knwledge, I want to learn more about the SRI light and the cost to repair the compressor on AC.

Reply to
amanda992004